Saturday, December 29, 2007

Royal Contemplations


Queen for the day


It has been a month since my last post. Already I can feel myself saying, "See, you can't even keep it up." BUT I shut out that voice quickly. I've been learning to do that, lately, shut off the voice. The one that says you're a failure or lazy or whatever-else-you-can-think-of here.

It's been a stressful month. Family drama, death and work just seem to crowd out that small amount of time that I set out for myself. Responsible of me, I know but still, I wonder if it is irresponsible to ignore me.

I have been sketching in my art journal and already my fingers are itching to start my new one for the year. I went pretentious and got myself a Moleskien. Oh la la! So very artistic of me! My goal is to draw in it as often as I can making it a daily thing for me. Expression is the spice of life and who wants to live out their days with bland food? Not I, said the fly and the flea agrees!

No comments: