Sunday, November 25, 2007

Chronicle

This is a chronicle of my father-in-law's passing. He died On Sunday morning at 7am after a long battle with cancer. During the time we spent in the hospital, I sketched my heart out. It relieved my anxiety... these are the things I finished, with the last one being a sketched I had started during his dying process when I was alone in the room with him, just sitting quietly drawing. The sketches have no secret meanings, I just did whatever came to mind or at the suggestion of the children that were there.




artjournal_11_24_07_2

artjournal_11_24_07_3

artjournal_11_25_07

artjournal_11_24_07

4 comments:

Deirdra Doan said...

Lovely work. I am sorry for your time of grief. Blessings on you. Thank you for your wonderful comment on my work!

Unichorn said...

My sincere condoleances. This kind of painting and drawing is a good way to work through your grief, I think (well, partly of course...). I like the one with the fish, in spite of the sad situation I find it a surreal and humorous picture.
Greetz!

katie said...

I'm very sorry for your loss.

Anonymous said...

I like your work