Monday, January 28, 2008

Rotten Apples


artjournal_1_23_08


I hate this page. Nothing works, the colors are horrible and everything I did to save it just made it worse. Nevertheless here I am displaying it, if anything for the simple point that art is a process and sometimes you make really crappy art. I salute you, horrible page. You've shown me what not to do the next time around.



artjournal_1_24_08
artjournal_1_26_08



For the last few days, I've been in a very "paint splatter, makes no sense, what is going on here?" type of mood. What's pretty cool is that the pink// sky blue one got a note from Linda Woods. If you don't know who she is, she is the author of two books that I just love, "Visual Chronicles" and "Journal Revolution" (which is the book I bought for my father to get him on the journaling band wagon.) While my mantra has been that I am doing this for me and that I share because I enjoy doing so, it is nice to have someone whose written a book on the matter give you a thumbs up.


PROJECTS!!



I have a few projects in he works that I hope will just help me with my goal of being creative on a consistent basis this year. One of the things I'm going to do is create a mini studio in my basement. I have a walk-out basement with a huge amount of space that I really do not use. I'm going to create a work space/studio for myself there. I'll be working on saving my money to create it (No CREDIT!) and hopefully having that space all to myself will help me set time for myself.

The other thing I have going on is creating a pretty room for my daughter. She's asthmatic and isn't allowed to have things like mosquito netting, drapes, etc... in her room to reduce the amount of allergens she is exposed to.


artjournal_1_27_09


So, we're going to create a special place for her so that she feels she is getting her "girlie" room without compromising her health. Part of this is creating a series of mixed media paintings on a little mouse girl that I've drawn and she seems to love. I'm sketching out ideas in my journal and perhaps when we finally move into our own home, I will be able to make one of those paintings a mural on one of her walls.



artjournal_1_27_08


So much to look forward too, I can't help but be excited.

No comments: