Monday, June 9, 2008

Root Canal


june_09_08



There are a few things you should know about me. One is that I'm a stubborn mule, the second, that I have a very high threshold for pain. So keeping this in mind, it should be no surprise that I put myself in a very bad situation but not paying attention to my mouth when it began screaming in pain. Finally today I caved and went to the dentist, who then told me the dreaded news. I have a tooth abscess and in order to prevent future problems I would need a root canal to save the tooth.

"Um, okay... when do we start?" I ask hoping that next week would be the mark but knowing fully that it was not the case.

"No, we start now. I need to drill a hold into your tooth, take out the nerve and then clean out the infection." he replied with a sympathetic tone.


Yeah. Next time, I go at the first twinge of an annoyance. I can't believe I'm going to have to get one of those suckers. Blech.





I think many people need to remember that an art journal, is just that, a journal. If you're too busy wondering how other people are going to perceive your work or how you should edit it for online use, then you're doing it wrong. Share, yes but don't' over think it to the point of losing the purpose behind having one.

No comments: