Friday, February 29, 2008

Ageless


artjournal_2_27_08


March is almost upon us, which means that my birthday is coming up. 33. It seems like a blink of an eye and I'm past twenties and diving into my thirties. Do I feel different? With the occasional gray hair and perhaps an ache or pain that wasn't there before, no, not really. My mind still races as if I were 19 and in love with the world at times. When I look around, it seems like people think it is wrong to be how I am, that I should, "grow up."

I work, I help support my family, I cook, clean do laundry ... so why can't I dream? Aging is an evil trick of the body that the mind cannot comprehend. It still thinks it has eternity to be.

1 comment:

Brahdelt said...

I understand you completely! (Btw, I'm also 33! ^^). One day I woke up and I realized, that my teenage years are gone, but I felt the same, thought the same, dreamed the same as 5 or 10 or 15 years ago. So what was different? I try to ignore it and just live on! *^v^*