Friday, November 25, 2011

Journal: Ideas Are Plentiful

11_25_11
As I have mentioned in another post, I love weathered, antique looking things.  I hints at an untold story waiting to be heard.  This spread, I was inpisred by this past weeks journal inspiration.


On this page  I prepped my pages with a base layer of collage ephemera covering it with a layer of off-white craft paint. To make the page even grungier looking, I spread flexible modeling paste here and there making sure to allow for uneven peaks where my burnt umber glaze could settle into.I then added splashes of green/blue acrylics around the page and printed pictures off of my android phone (the app I love using is called Retro Camera) which lent itself to that vintage look I was looking for.  I then journaled about my thoughts on how I wanted to be more consistent with my blogging and how I would accomplish that.

When gathering inspiration from somewhere else, ask yourself, "What do I like about this page?" this will pull you out of trying to replicate someone's work and instead have you focus on your own aesthetic voice allowing you to then apply it to your own work.

No comments: