Thursday, November 15, 2007

Daydreaming

sketch I drew in my art journal last night. My daughter inspries me quite a bit and in the end, I guess my own childhood inspires me as well. I see a lot of myself in my daughter.


Daydreaming - Sketch



So many people who have seen what I have been doing with my art journal have said, "Oh, I can't do that. I'm not creative enough or I just don't have the money to buy the supplies to do it." I was like that too, then I realized, Um, this is for me, who cares what I use? This is a scanned sketched printed out. I then colored it in with crayons. Not fancy shmancy artists crayons... No, crayola crayons. (64 colors, one sweeeet box.


Daydreaming - Color


So, don't be intimidated by the thought of, "Oh man, I can't afford it!" Go do the dollar store and find yourself a journal. Go to the supermarket and get yourself a box of crayons. Make sure you get a pencil, eraser and pencil sharpener. Scissors and some paste are pretty cool too. All these things you can purchase on the cheap (the dollar store is my friend!) or are supplies you already have lying around at home. There really is no excuse, besides your own insecurities.


The end.

No comments: