Tuesday, July 8, 2008

Contemplative

I'm retreating a little bit. I'm trying to find center. A number of opportunities have presented themselves to me and I am at a cross roads. In my usual nature of over analyzing everything, I'm hesitant to take a step forward. I have a husband who is supportive and wishes to propel me forward but I hold back. Why is that? Too practical, too critical, too much judging myself under the skin and into the heart.

I've been journaling a bit and pages seem to run into two color schemes. The first being blue and green, the second being blue and purple.




Now the first thing that I realize is that I am right now attracted to analogical color schemes. Which if you know a little about color theory, is a harmonious color association. So am I looking for harmony or am I becoming more harmonious?

The second being that the traditional views on color moods, the following can be said about my choices:

Blue: Blue represents peace, tranquility, calm, stability, harmony, unity, trust, truth, confidence, conservatism, security, cleanliness, order, loyalty, sky, water, cold, technology, and depression.

Blue can "slow the pulse rate, lower body temperature, and reduce appetite." Blue is considered a business color because it reflects reliability.


Green: Green, one of most-often cited favorite colors. It represents nature, environment, health, good luck, renewal, youth, vigor, spring, generosity, fertility, jealousy, inexperience, envy, misfortune.

"Its cool quality soothes, calms, and has great healing powers." It is often worn in operating rooms by surgeons.

Purple: Purple represents royalty, spirituality, nobility, ceremony, mystery, transformation, wisdom, enlightenment, cruelty, arrogance, mourning. Purple is considered an exotic color.


So where am I, I wonder.

No comments: